Wednesday, 06 September 2023 04:39

Call is launched to find out how digitized are the SMEs in the country

Written by Coralia Cuellar

Digital transformation is one of the tools for the development of companies, which is essential to boost business and open new markets, is for that reason that a call is opened to determine the level of digitization of SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises).


In 2020, the first edition of Ruta Digital was carried out, with which the Ministry of Economy managed to diagnose the digital maturity of more than 1,000 companies, nationwide. According to the results, 34% of the companies evaluated have a digital maturity level of competent has advanced and the remaining 66% are currently at a basic level of digitization.

Under this first approach, this day the Ministry of Economy, together with IDB-Lab and SNBX, announced the launch of the self-diagnosis tool of digital maturity "Digital Route 2.0" and the "Data Economy" program.

The "Digital Route 2.0" will assess the level of digitization of SMEs in various economic sectors of the country, in order to identify strengths and areas of opportunity. This tool has been developed with the financial support of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB).

"This day, we are going to open a new call for a project that we have implemented in the past, which we have shown to be successful and now we are making it available to our companies in the country. We are making it available free of charge", said the head of Economy, María Luisa Hayem.

Meanwhile, the "Data Economy" program will select the 50 SMEs that have achieved the highest level of digital maturity, which will allow them to incorporate digital solutions in their operations, using information and data as a strategic resource for decision making.

"We are going to promote this multidimensional gap closure and we are going to bring innovation for the digital transformation of El Salvador", said the representative of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), Margarita Libby.

President Bukele's government continues to work hard to keep El Salvador at the forefront of digital transformation, so that SMEs can adapt to new technologies, implement new ways of doing business and grow companies.


Translated by: A.M